Marion E. Kenworthy, MD, was one of the first women psychiatrists in America, who from 1919 onwards focused strongly on children’s mental health. In addition to private practice, she was deeply involved in advancing psychiatric knowledge: she was the first woman president of the American Psychoanalytic Association, the Group for the Advancement of Psychiatry and the American Academy of Child Psychiatry. Together with Justice Justine Wise Polier and Ms. Agnes Inglis she was instrumental in establishing the psychiatric clinic in the New York City Family Court. General C. Marshall sent her around the world to report on psychiatric problems of the Women's Army Corps. Together with her friend and colleague, Sarah H. Swift, she introduced psychiatry into the curriculum of the New York School of Social Work (now the Columbia University School of Social Work). She was its first and longest tenured Professor of Psychiatry and its first named chair was established in her honor in 1956. Sarah H. Swift, an early social worker, like Dr. Kenworthy, saw the necessity for the integration of psychiatry into the field of social work and, as early as 1934, published a book on this subject. On her death she left her entire estate to the Foundation.